1 Kings 18:17-20, 1 Kings 18:23-38
Elijah knew what his God was going to do because he served the True God
- Even so, he took care to repair the altar.
- Elijah waited until evening as that was the time he usually went to worship God.
“Whoever builds an altar takes ownership of that area”
- An altar is a declaration.
- Whoever built an altar had an encounter with God (Genesis 8:20-21).
- Abram built an altar in the land the Lord promised to give his descendants.
- Abram built another altar in Bethel [verse 8].
- Wherever he went, Abram built an altar to God [Genesis 13:18].
- Wherever he built an altar, those places became significant to him and his seed.