‘And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son’s son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram’s wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldeans, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there. And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.’ Genesis 11:31-32 https://www.bible.com/bible/1/GEN.11.31-32
- Be obedient to the voice of God if you want to attract His Blessings. The success of Abraham was in his obedience. Obey God, however hard it may be. Christianity demands painful obedience.
‘And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God. ‘ Deuteronomy 28:1-2 https://www.bible.com/bible/1/DEU.28.1-2
- The condition for all the Blessings in chapter 28 is obedience. When the wine at the wedding in Cana had run out, Jesus’ mother told the people “Whatever He tells you to do, do it.”
- Are you qualified for the Blessing of God? When you are tested and you pass, you qualify for the Blessings.
1 Samuel 13:8-14, 1 Samuel 15:22-23
- Because of disobedience, Saul lost his kingship. Be obedient to the voice of God. When disobedience grows, it becomes rebellion
We lose our Blessings if we don’t esteem what God esteems.
‘Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears. ‘ Hebrews 12:16-17 https://www.bible.com/bible/1/HEB.12.16-17
- Esau did not esteem what God esteemed, he sold his birthright and therefore lost his Blessings.
- Be serious with the things of God. Esau did not receive his Blessing even when he sought it with tears.