(Psalm 22:3, Psalm 100:4, 2 chronicles 20:18-23)
You invoke the power of God when you begin to praise and worship
- Do not underrate a time of worship.
What is Praise?
It is an expression of appreciation
- When you praise a person, you appreciate them for what they are or what they do.
- When we praise God, we appreciate Him for who He is, what He has done and what He can do.
- You can praise through songs and shouting.
Let Praise be your lifestyle.
- Praise was part of David’s lifestyle, that is why he is called a friend of God.
Worship is an expression of Love.
- Praising God is an expression of Worship
- You are able to worship God when you are in a relationship with Him.
What drives you to worship God?
God’s character drives you to worship Him.
- You know the kind of God He is e.g. you know God is a Healer.
What Happens when we begin to worship?
- You attract God’s presence when you worship Him
- Worship ushers you into the presence of God
- Whatever we need is found in the presence of God
- God comes in and takes over all your battles
- For example, Paul and Silas when they were in Prison (Acts 16:25-26)
- When Peter was arrested, the other believers were praying and the Angel of the Lord was sent. When we worship, God himself comes
- We are preserved when we worship God
- Not being a worshipper invites curses (Malachi 2:1-3).
- We create an atmosphere of miracles when we begin to worship God