God promised 7 things to Abraham, this constitutes the blessing of Abraham.
- This covenant was renewed in chapter 15 and again in chapter 17. Abraham is 99 years old when God renews the covenant for the third time.
- At the third renewal, God promises that the covenant will be everlasting.
- The land of the Israelites was occupied by other tribes for 430 years, the Israelites were in exile for 70 years but the land that was promised to them remains theirs today.
Every time the Israelites sinned against God (broke one of the conditions of the covenant), He chastised them. But God remembered the everlasting covenant every time.
We are in a much better covenant in this day.
- The Gibeonites were protected by the covenant.
- We are protected by the covenant of the Blood of Jesus. The covenant of the Blood of Jesus covers everything, it is a powerful covenant and God is bound to protect you.
2 Samuel 21:1-6
- Three years of famine were the result of Saul breaking the covenant with the Gibeonites.
- Saul fought the Gibeonites that were supposed to be protected by the covenant they had with the Israelites.
- Seven sons from the house of Saul were demanded to be killed as a result of Saul violating the covenant.
- One of the 7 sons, Mephibosheth who was supposed to be killed, was spared because of the covenant between David and Jonathan (2 Samuel 21:7).
The whole of Heaven is bound to protect you because you are under the covenant of the Blood of Jesus. When Jesus died on the Cross and rose from the dead, the covenant was sealed.