Message by Bishop C. Holla
What is it that you want in this life?
- valuable things don’t come easy.
- God has made it so that it is a process,
- Jesus endured 9 months in his mother’s womb, yet he was a miracle baby.
- For 30 years, Jesus waited to start his 3 year ministry. That was a process he had to go through.
- God’s friend, Abraham, full of god’s promises waited for so long for the fulfillment of the promises made to him.
Sarah couldn’t wait, she gave Haggai to Abraham.
- Yes they had a son, but was he the one?
- Sarah did not wait on God’s promise.
- Never think that God is confused when He says wait, He knows what He’s doing, He holds time and all seasons in His hand.
- God lives in eternity, He can start at any point. Our duty is to wait on His promises.
- Be comfortable, for he holds the seasons in his hands.
You can obtain things quickly but there is always a consequence at the end.
- Endure when you need to endure.
- We have the nation of Israel today because one person persevered (Genesis 32:24-28).
- The perseverance he learned from Laban helped him persevere with the Angel.
- God will not violate the processes He has put in place.
- It was painful to wrestle with the Angel but he persevered and today we have the nation of Israel.
We have a lot of witnesses watching us (Hebrews 12:1)
- Will we disappoint them?
- How are you running the race? Will you pass on the baton to the next generation?
- Our success depends on where we fix our eyes, Jesus already won the race.
- Jesus endured and now sits at the right hand of the father. We are the fruits of Jesus’ endurance.